Saturday, July 16, 2011

First WCU Essay (What Is It Like To Be Human), September 24, 2008, 5:21AM


First WCU Essay (What Is It Like To Be Human)

Current mood:creative
Unexpected Happiness
"Delilah, you lied to both me and your mother and for that I cannot trust you. You should have thought of that before you decided to go behind our backs and sneak around with that boy."
Why is he doing this to me now? I don't want to put up with it. What I did wasn't that bad. He's only 5 years older than me, it's not like it's a crime or anything. I just hope he doesn't know that we had sex.
"I'm sorry, but I don't think it was wrong of me. I feel that I don't need to tell you both about my personal life," I told my dad as I got up from the table to leave.
"Both your mom and I care about you so much, Delilah. We want what's best for you. I still don't think you are mature enough to realize what is best for you. This proves it to me more than ever. You're grounded until I say otherwise," my dad stated calmly.
"Well dad, I'm an adult. I feel that I am more than capable of taking care of myself and I can make my own decisions. You and mom, I know, care about me but you are smothering me, not giving me any freedom at all. I'm sorry but I can't live like this anymore, I'm moving out. I feel that is best for all of us," I declared and went to my room to start packing my things.
I think I'm going to wait until after I move out to tell them I'm pregnant. They won't be able to handle that fact right now. Well at least Trygg promised to be there for me forever and supports me. He's the only one that I have right now. I have him, this baby, and our love for each other. My whole family is going to shun me and I will become a pariah to the world.
I went in my room and started packing my things, I could hear my parents in the kitchen crying.This is what is best for now, I kept telling myself. I filled just one gym bag full of clothes and headed out the door to Trygg's truck where he was waiting on me. He knew what was going on and he knew what I was going to do, he supported me and let me move in with him. He cared enough to risk his safety to come and rescue me from my parents if anything was to happen.
"You ok baby?" he inquired.

"Yeah, I'll be fine, let's just go home now," I lied to him.
No, nothing is fine because they can't accept the fact that I've finally got it right. I have found someone worth being with, no matter the age. Trygg is the first guy that truly cares about me, he makes me forget about all of my past mistakes and regrets which no guy has been able to do before. I just wish mom and dad could see that, I wish they could see how happy he makes me.
"Are you sure you're ok, baby? You don't look like you are," he contested.
"I just wish that my parents would let this whole thing go. I'm not a bad person for loving you and wanting to be with you am I?" I sobbed.
Trygg pulled his truck over the to side of the road and got out and came over to my side of the truck and opened the door.
"Babe, we can make it through this. I am not going to leave you ever," he vowed as he held me in his arms.
I know now that we can make it through this. He just proved it to me, he's going to be here for me and this baby and he won't leave me. I don't care what my parents say or think, this is what is best for me, they will just have to see that and if not then too bad.
"I feel much better now, thank you so much," I assured him as I kissed him softly on the lips.
"Don't worry, I will never leave you or this baby," he reassured me as he kissed my stomach.
It just breaks my heart that my mom and dad can't see how I really feel about him. I've never felt like this about any guy before, with Trygg everything is just so different.
"Babe, I can't wait to tell you this. I think you really need to hear this now," he uttered with an unsteady voice.
Oh no, maybe I was wrong, he's going to leave me here, right now.
"Trygg, what is it?" I questioned.
"Delilah, I love you, will you marry me?"

No comments:

Post a Comment