Saturday, July 16, 2011

Been A While, But I'm FINALLY Getting Answers!, September 26, 2009, 1:49PM


Been A While, But I'm FINALLY Getting Answers!

Current mood:depressed
It definitely has been a long time sine I wrote a blog.

Right now I've been in college a while, and the first day of college all my health problems came back... hurting all over, walking like an 80 year old woman, etc.

College (other than the whole hurting all over) is going great.  I love all my classes, my teachers are GREAT!

Things with Billy are up and down at times, but other than our little fights (most recent one being last night) we're doing great.

Today actually makes one week until my 18th B-Day and I am very excited about turning 18.

Yesterday I finally found a few answers to all my health problems.

The doctor did extensive blood work when I was having pain, last time I had blood work done, I was perfectly fine, no pain, no problems so everything came back negative except that ANA.

The blood results came back Thursday, the doctor called at 6:30 that night and told us that we needed to come back in the next day for the results.
 
Yesterday we went in, he kept asking me very specific questions about the pain, how the mobic and muscle relaxers were helping me.
 
He checked my strength, which was very poor and not where it should be, like my grip, my arm and leg strength.  He also noticed a lot of swelling in my joints.
 
He sat me back down and began reading off the blood work results.  I was slightly positive for Lupus and MCTD [Mixed Connective Tissue Disorder].
 
But just because I was slightly positive for those does NOT mean I have them.  But from the blood results he said that I do have an autoimmune disorder and until he can rule out the other possibilities he is calling it Undifferentiated Connective Tissue Disease.
 
He put me on steroids for the swelling and a different type of pain medicine for pain.
 
As of right now I am taking vitamins because I’m slightly anemic [which I’ve always known], pain medicine, steroids, and muscle relaxers.  I just hope all these medicines will help me live a normal life.
 
Also autoimmune diseases don’t usually go away, they stay for life.  Both my mom’s sister and one of my dad’s brothers have an autoimmune disease so it’s not so much of a mystery why I have one.  They both have Rheumatoid Arthritis, which I was presenting symptoms of but luckily the results came back negative for that test.  My aunt Teresa also has Ulcerative Colitis and Hashimoto’s disease which are both autoimmune diseases.
 
As for me, it’s a mystery to exactly what I have for now, so I’m stuck with Undifferentiated Connective Tissue Disease until we can rule out the other possibilities.
 
It also has been found out that the antibiotic I took oh so long ago wasn’t the cause of all my problems, it was just the domino that tipped over the others to my autoimmune problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment